This year 2022, after two long years of hiatus, the Semana Grande of San Sebastian returns from 13th to 20th August, with it the 58th edition of the San Sebastian International Fireworks Competition. This edition is characterized by a final show that will include a soundtrack composed of Basque women’s songs.
San Sebastian’s Semana Grande is a very characteristic week for all the people of San Sebastian and for many tourists who come to enjoy a program full of cultural, leisure, entertainment, enjoyment, and fun activities. One of the most awaited moments, if not the most awaited, is the fireworks display that is launched from the Bay of La Concha, a very emblematic place in the city which magnifies the firework display even more. The perfect Donostian formula at this time of year is fireworks and ice cream.
One of the most important questions to bear in mind is: Where to watch the fireworks from? Undoubtedly, La Concha Bay is the most emblematic place to do so. Finding a spot on the beach is usually a difficult task unless you go a long time in advance.
Without a doubt, a unique, magical, and privileged place to see them is the sea itself.
This year, and for the first time, Spirit Experiences offers night-time sailboat trips to enjoy the city’s greatest firework display from the best possible setting, the sea of La Concha Bay.
Eight nights of high-quality audio-visual displays that will leave unforgettable memories and spectacular images. Enjoy the fireworks from a unique and exclusive perspective aboard the sailing boat Spirit.
Contact us for more information and to experience the fireworks display like never before: What is the plan, what does it include, and how much does it cost?
Here are details of the pyrotechnics performed each night and a brief description so you can choose your ideal night on a sailing boat.
- Saturday 13th August (opening night): Pirotecnia Valencia. A world-renowned company from Alava with more than 140 years of experience in the pyrotechnics sector.
- Sunday 14th August (eve of Our Lady’s Day): Dance of Fireworks. From Ukraine, the first year in the competition with an international tour in America and Europe.
- Monday 15th August (day of the Virgin): Pirotecnia Martí. A company from Castellón led by the great-great-granddaughter Reyes Martí. They have already won third and first prize in the San Sebastián fireworks competition.
- Tuesday 16th August: Pirotecnia San Miguel, a Canarian company with a family and artisan character who love their work and bring new ideas and effects to surprise the spectator.
- Wednesday 17th August: Fully Fused Fireworks, From the UK, characterized by providing bespoke, memorable, and emotionally engaging fireworks displays.
- Thursday 18th August: Pirotecnia Turis, from Valencia. Artisans of the ancient tradition of pyrotechnics. Two generations run the company side by side, committed to tradition, in-house production, and superior quality raw materials.
- Friday 19th August: Scarsella Fireworks from Italy. A company with more than 50 years of experience which has established itself in the design, execution, and production of high-quality and high-standard fireworks.
- Saturday 20th August (farewell): Pirotecnia Vulcano. Madrid-based company specializing in traditional, pyro-musical, and sequential shows, as well as multimedia displays of different formats.
Contact us for more information and to experience the fireworks display like never before.